Key management is important for the safety and security of your pets and home. All keys kept on file are coded, so if lost, no one would know to whom it belongs to. We do require that we have two copies of the key during all visits — one to use and one for a backup.
- If you are a first time client we will pick up keys at the initial interview to be used for our first series of visits. If you wish us to return your keys after the visits are completed we will do so at no additional charge. We will also pick up and return your keys one additional time at no charge.
- After the first two series of visits, you may allow us to keep a copy of your key on file, and you will receive a Key Release Form giving us permission to do so. Clients should always leave a backup key on the inside of the house.
- If you do not want us to keep a copy of your key after the first two series of visits, we will need to pick up and deliver your keys to you. Since this will be more time-consuming, there will be a $10.00 charge per trip, which will be added to your invoice. You will need to leave a backup key inside for the sitter.
- If you want us to leave the keys inside on the last visit, our responsibility and liability ends when we leave your home at that time, and you may want to be sure that a neighbor or relative has a key to get into your home in case you are delayed in returning. If we keep your key on file, or return it in person to you, we will return for additional visits if you are delayed.
- Some clients may already have a key hidden outside for their own use, and if you want us to use that particular key, we can. However, you will be required to sign a release from liability in case someone else finds the key and unlawfully enters your home. We prefer not to use this system, as anyone can observe us removing and returning the key to the hidden spot. Again, you should always leave a backup key for the sitter and if something happens to your key, you may be liable to pay for a locksmith.
- Please Note: If you are moving or no longer require our services please request that your key(s) be returned. We cannot be responsible for any keys held beyond a year if we have not cared for your pets during that period.